Will this be worth it?

Gastric Balloon is a weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It involves inserting a small silicone balloon into a patient’s stomach through an endoscopic procedure from the throat.
Grace smith

I have always walked about 2 laps twice a day

Unread post by Grace smith » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Trevor wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 pm
Oh, just thought of something.... Do you exercise, were you active before balloon? Just wondering how your energy level is.
I have always walked about 2 laps twice a day on my breaks. Now with the balloon I could only do half-ways because my stomach will start hurting. But my energy is still there. I thought I was going to be tired with no energy but Nope I feel good. Only thing is the stomach discomfort. I wonder how long will that last. I hate it!

Grace smith

Yes, I keep telling myself that its only been 10 days

Unread post by Grace smith » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Florence Stewart wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:05 pm
You're still pretty early into it. I'm happy to hear energy is good. Honestly, that has been my biggest worry. I had my consult today. I'm waiting for my call back to see if they can schedule to the room next Monday.
Yes, I keep telling myself that its only been 10 days. I just hope this stomach discomfort goes away. Right reviews also I want to see how it works out for you too.

Grace smith

10 Days. Learning As I Go.

Unread post by Grace smith » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:16 pm

10 days out and if it wasn't for my stomach pains/discomfort I would be 100%. I added more soft solids to my food intake and man everything I eat feels like I ate a whole cow! I get stomach pains, like if its stuck in my esophagus and when I burb is could taste it! Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe its too soon for solid food even tho I chew 25 times. I ate 1-2oz of chicken & maybe half cup of veggies and I could not sleep with the discomfort but didn't want to throw up, so I slept seating up lol. In the morning I was better. I also have problems going to the bathroom now. I'm going to stop eating solids for now. I'm going to do more protein shakes. Anyone have advise? Besides that I'm good. Energy is there, stomach pains are mostly when I'm done eating so sometimes I forget I have Big Bertha (balloon) in my tummy. Oh I'm at 8 pound down total :)

Emilia Perez

Re: 10 Days. Learning As I Go.

Unread post by Emilia Perez » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 am

Grace smith wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:16 pm
10 days out and if it wasn't for my stomach pains/discomfort I would be 100%. I added more soft solids to my food intake and man everything I eat feels like I ate a whole cow! I get stomach pains, like if its stuck in my esophagus and when I burb is could taste it! Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe its too soon for solid food even tho I chew 25 times. I ate 1-2oz of chicken & maybe half cup of veggies and I could not sleep with the discomfort but didn't want to throw up, so I slept seating up lol. In the morning I was better. I also have problems going to the bathroom now. I'm going to stop eating solids for now. I'm going to do more protein shakes. Anyone have advise? Besides that I'm good. Energy is there, stomach pains are mostly when I'm done eating so sometimes I forget I have Big Bertha (balloon) in my tummy. Oh I'm at 8 pound down total :)
Thanks for your update!

Passionista

From what I understand

Unread post by Passionista » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 am

From what I understand, week 1 liquid, week 2 soft pureed foods (yogurts, applesauce, scrambled eggs, canned tuna or canned chicken, mashed potatoes... etc) Maybe your pain is from solids too soon?

Scarlett

Will this be worth it?

Unread post by Scarlett » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:47 am

Good to know! Glad you are finding some relief :)

Grace smith

2 weeks post

Unread post by Grace smith » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Well its been 14 days today and I'm happy to say I have lost 11 pounds, YAY its been a struggle not going to lie. I over ate soup yesterday and I throw up so that didn't go very well. Now I know I need to keep it down to no more then 3oz. I'm not hungry most of the time. My energy is still there which I'm surprised because I don't eat! I wonder if this will be me for the next 6mos? The only Med's I take are Multi-vitamins and Biotin. I know I need to do more shakes of protein but when I do I only drink about 2oz's. On a good note** my stomach pains are gone** yay. I still get stomach discomfort but I read that is normal. Every time you eat your stomach will be okay or mad. That's all for now till next week.

Grace smith

Re: From what I understand

Unread post by Grace smith » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Passionista wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 am
From what I understand, week 1 liquid, week 2 soft pureed foods (yogurts, applesauce, scrambled eggs, canned tuna or canned chicken, mashed potatoes... etc) Maybe your pain is from solids too soon?
Yes, I stopped eating solid foods it helps but sometimes its better not to eat. so weird. Maybe I was overeating too. I have only been eating about 2oz total and it feels better, It does take it while to go down. Thanks.

Brayden

Re: 2 weeks post

Unread post by Brayden » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:01 am

Grace smith wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm
Well its been 14 days today and I'm happy to say I have lost 11 pounds, YAY its been a struggle not going to lie. I over ate soup yesterday and I throw up so that didn't go very well. Now I know I need to keep it down to no more then 3oz. I'm not hungry most of the time. My energy is still there which I'm surprised because I don't eat! I wonder if this will be me for the next 6mos? The only Med's I take are Multi-vitamins and Biotin. I know I need to do more shakes of protein but when I do I only drink about 2oz's. On a good note** my stomach pains are gone** yay. I still get stomach discomfort but I read that is normal. Every time you eat your stomach will be okay or mad. That's all for now till next week.
Great! Sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on the 11 lbs :)

Sienna Morris

Re: Will this be worth it?

Unread post by Sienna Morris » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:26 pm

How ate you doing? I'll post my 1 week update on the 12th.