Will this be worth it?

Gastric Balloon is a weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It involves inserting a small silicone balloon into a patient’s stomach through an endoscopic procedure from the throat.
Grace smith

Will this be worth it?

Unread post by Grace smith » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm 41 years old, always up and down on my weigh. As I'm getting older its harder to lose weight and keep it off. I seen a lot of good reviews on the Orbera balloon and decided to go for it. I'm 5'4 and weight 211. Procedure was 4 days ago. They put me to sleep and I woke up with big Bertha (balloon) lol. The first two days I vomited all the liquids I drank and it was so hard to sleep. I cant explain the feeling but your just not comfortable. I was thinking OMG! I'm going to be one of those that has a bad experience the whole 6 mos. I even thought "what was I thinking doing this!" After the 3rd day I was able to keep it down and slept much better. I'm on day 4 still on liquids. I feel better came back to work. I do get stomach pains since day 1 and its still here. I just ate 2oz of tortilla soup broth and now I have heartburns. I will weigh myself in 3 more days which will make it 7 days after the procedure. I'll keep you posted.

Sienna Morris

We're very close in weight and heigh

Unread post by Sienna Morris » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:55 am

We're very close in weight and height. I have my consultation on Oct. 29th. I have been doing my research. I' m reading all reviews and journeys. Please continue to share, it really does help!

Abigail Lee

Re: Will this be worth it?

Unread post by Abigail Lee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:42 pm

this is good to hear i was told mexico is no longer doing the ballons

Abigail Lee

Unread post by Abigail Lee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm

this is good to hear i was told mexico is no longer doing the ballons

Grace smith

I heard about this Doctor from this site

Unread post by Grace smith » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:13 pm

I heard about this Doctor from this site. He has good reviews so I made a consult. The facility is very nice and clean (its a new building) all the employees are very warming. Doctor spend a long time with me. I talked to the families of people who where there recovering, No complaints. I would recommend him. His website has prices and almost everyone speaks English. All most everyone I seen come from USA.

Grace smith

6-7 Day Post

Unread post by Grace smith » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:58 pm

YAY...… Its been 6 -7 days from the balloon placement. I feel much better about 85% . Only problem remaining is these stomach pains at times. I have also experienced hungry pains. I'm not hungry but my stomach is. Still feel bloated, it hurts a bit to push in my stomach. I'm sleeping much better yay. I added cottage cheese and oatmeal to my diet not sure if that's good but I felt I needed more food in my stomach to take care of the hungry pains and it went down good and made me feel full. Still on sport drinks, soft soups, yogurt. Everyday does get much better. I have been going to the bathroom fine too. I have been taking the meds the doctor prescribed except for the pain bills. I will start to add the multivitamins and Biotin gummy's tomorrow. ***As of this morning I'm down 5 pounds (7 pounds if I include the 2 liquid days prior) to placement****

Stella Walker

Unread post by Stella Walker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Thanks for the update. I've never lost 5lbs in a week. My hunger wouldn't allow it! Sounds like you are on track (from everything that I've read)

Trevor

Do you exercise

Unread post by Trevor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Oh, just thought of something.... Do you exercise, were you active before balloon? Just wondering how your energy level is.

Grace smith

Unread post by Grace smith » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Stella Walker wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 pm
Thanks for the update. I've never lost 5lbs in a week. My hunger wouldn't allow it! Sounds like you are on track (from everything that I've read)
My first time in over 10 years I lose 5lbs in 1 week lol. The balloon makes you stay on track. If you don't you will be sick and the discomfort will be bad. I experience that this weekend. Horrible!. :|

Florence Stewart

I'm happy to hear energy is good.

Unread post by Florence Stewart » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:05 pm

You're still pretty early into it. I'm happy to hear energy is good. Honestly, that has been my biggest worry. I had my consult today. I'm waiting for my call back to see if they can schedule to the room next Monday.