Gastric Band is a least invasive surgery for weight loss

Gastric Band or Lap Band is a least invasive surgery for weight loss and obesity patient.
The procedure involves placing a soft silicone ring with an expandable balloon in the center around the top part of the stomach.
Mirage
Site Admin

Gastric Band is a least invasive surgery for weight loss

Unread post by Mirage » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Gastric Band or Lap Band is a least invasive surgery for weight loss and obesity patient.

The procedure involves placing a soft silicone ring with an expandable balloon in the center around the top part of the stomach. It creates two compartments of the stomach, with a much smaller top part above the band. A person eats enough food only to fill the top part of the stomach. Over time, after the meal, the food passes through the opening of the band into the rest of the stomach. It makes digestion occur normally. This procedure is adjustable and even reversible.

Georgia Wilson

Re: Gastric Band is a least invasive surgery for weight loss

Unread post by Georgia Wilson » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:59 pm

what is the routing check up before receiving the Gastric balloon. Are esophagogram , GI, pipida, abdominal ultrasound necessary

Stella Walker

Lap band conversion help?

Unread post by Stella Walker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:40 pm

After having a lap band for 10 years, I started having regurgitation at night, and unable to keep food down. My surgeon said I’ll have to have it removed, and was scoped last week to confirm. He recommended I convert to a gastric sleeve or bypass so I don’t gain my weight back. I lost 100 lbs initially, and have maintained a 85lb weight loss. He said 95-98% of patients gain it back w out a “tool”. Scares me!! But is he trying to get another surgery under his belt? Any comments? Experiences with this?