26 year old | Bariatric Surgery

Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
Zain

26 year old | Bariatric Surgery

Unread post by Zain » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:30 am

I’ve been overweight since I was born (5.8kg! My mother still complains to this day). So I’ve sort of been used to being the bigger person throughout my whole entire life, but I had ballooned over the past 5 years to 169kg. I had been considering getting bariatric surgery for years now but I’m finally at the stage where I can afford to do so in India. At this point when I’m starting out in a finance career, no matter what I do, I can’t seem professional when I’m this overweight. I’ve got my surgery scheduled now for 16 November 2018 in India.

Aria

How long will Smart Lipo pain last?

Unread post by Aria » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 pm

I have the exact same feeling, like wearing a lead vest or apron even when you have nothing on. I, too, am about a week post op and the deep soreness is an understatement. I had a complete abdominal wrap to include flanks and low back, as well as inner thighs and back of arms on a separate day. Take a look at some of the other blogs as there seems to be a lot of range with the pain factor. The thing that bothers me most is the swelling and numbness. I feel bigger and may, in fact, be bigger, due to the swelling. Do you have that same sensation with the numbness?

Penelope

Re: 26 year old | Bariatric Surgery

Unread post by Penelope » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Absolutely.. I'm only at day 6, and am desperate for it to feel better. Got my first compliment today, though. This is so worth it.

Evelyn

Re: 26 year old | Bariatric Surgery

Unread post by Evelyn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:42 pm

today i am exactly 3 weeks....the first week was brutal and and i thought how am i going to get through this. But i would say at about day 10-11 that deep pain went away. I wore my garment non stop for 2 weeks. It felt better to have it on--even though it was uncomfortable around my waist(i had to pull it up really high). As of today, I am still very sore and tender to the touch but not in that deep pain anymore. I still have that band feeling across my waist but not quite as tight as it was. I must say that my body looks amazing....it is just the tenderness that is bothering me. But i can go about my day and feel good...it is just when i touch it is when it hurts. Everyday i wake up and hope that the soreness is gone--wonder how long that will take. At 2 weeks my dr said i didn't need to wear the garment, but what would happen is at the end of the day i would feel a little swollen. So I would either wear it for some part of the day or at night. I am still somewhat numb, but feeling is starting to come back little by and very itchy. Hope this helps.