In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a process by which sperm outside the body fertilizes the egg. The process involves monitoring and stimulating a woman’s ovulatory process, removing an egg or eggs from the woman’s ovaries and then letting sperm fertilize them in a liquid in a laboratory.
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:13 pm
Typically, doctors advise the following
- Perform all those activities that will alleviate your stress levels and avoid those that will increase stress.
- Try to avoid TV programs that can cause unnecessary stress - crime serials, police story types, mother-in-law and daughter-in-law serials etc.
- The practice of pranayama and meditation helps a lot.
- Physical activities which are overtly exerting like running long distances, strenuous work-outs etc. to be avoided.
- Avoid unhygienic food. This is because if you catch any infections (food poisoning, fever, cold etc.), then treating that may impact the IVF related treatment plans.
- At home and at work, try not to take up responsibilities that may increase the workload and stress.
- Keep yourself well hydrated.
- Try to be happy, watch movies and read books that make you happy. Do the thing that will put a smile on your face.
- If there are any other medicines that you are taking or planning to take, please inform your fertility doctor before taking them. It can be as simple as a tablet for a headache or body pain. If you are on medication for asthma, hypertension, thyroid, diabetes etc., keep the fertility doctor informed and take that medication as per your fertility doctor's advise.
- Keeping yourself physically active is important. There is no need for bed rest.
- Continue with your daily schedule keeping the above points in mind. Remember, if you are idle, then the mind gets an opportunity to over-analyze everything and create unnecessary stress.
Have a appointment with best Gynecologist
in India and gives a new way to your lifestyle. For getting more information regarding Gynecologist Obstetrician. Contact us at +91-9711586419 or visit - www.miragesearch.com
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:30 am
I have a question to ask . As in IVF healthy sperms are selected by doctors in lab and its not natural process where only the bestest sperm gets fertilize with egg to become a baby.
so, does ivf babies have any medical or genetic problems?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 pm
There is a slight risk of birth defects or low IQ in babies with IVF but % is very low 47 in 100,000 compared to 40 in 100,000 babies concieved naturally.