Obesity is a condition where a person has accumulated so much body fat that it might have a negative effect on their health.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:17 pm
There are other ways to determine obesity. Skinfold thickness, the size of your waist, and special ultrasounds are also used.
- Skinfold thickness: Skinfolds are measured in different parts of the body with a pincher to determine how much fat is under the skin. The measurement is then calculated to determine body fat percentage.
- Waist Circumference: The waist is measured to determine excessive abdominal fat; a man’s waist over 40 inches and a non-pregnant woman’s waist over 35 inches have a igher risk of developing obesity-related conditions.
- Special Ultrasound: Non-invasive ultrasounds are used to measure the thickness of body fat under the skin.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:07 am
I'm wondering what the exercise limitations/protocol is during the treatment period. I'm guessing avoid lifting or heavy exercise of the muscle being treated during the treatment period but you can otherwise lift, run, play sports, etc...?