Weight Loss + Health Conditions Rules

Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which cells cannot use blood sugar (glucose) efficiently for energy. This happens when the cells become insensitive to insulin and the blood sugar gradually gets too high.
Rosalie

Re: Weight Loss + Health Conditions Rules

Unread post by Rosalie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:15 am

please help.....

So here's my dilemma... im a 21 year old female who has been living with a serious heart condition since i was 12. i suffer from an abnormally high heart rate. i also have an implanted Defibrillator :(. i have basically been told i cannot do any cardio what so ever so at the age of 12 i had to stop being active. im allowed moderate walking and easy swimming but that is it. because of this i have become severely depressed and over weight and im tired of it ill admit i don't eat well seeing as all i want to do is just sit here because im afraid to do anything. but i have no decided to change that ive been cutting back on the nasty foods and walking a little more but i cant seem to loose a single pound. does anyone have any ideas of what i can do to actually loose some weight and tone my belly?? i just want to be happy with myself for once and move on with my life. i also dont want to become more sick then i already am. i have consulted my doctor but they just said a lil walking easy swimming and better food but it is not working...

please help :S

Stephanie

Re: Weight Loss + Health Conditions Rules

Unread post by Stephanie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:00 pm

I think that if you're patient and stick with it, you WILL see results. But you need to be consistent for a long time. I'm sorry to say it, but you will have to put in extra time walking and swimming simply due to the fact that you're not permitted to do anything but 'light' intensity.

Do you have a max heart rate that you've been given for when your defibrillator will go off? And do you wear a heart rate monitor for when you're active?

Charlotte

waking up

Unread post by Charlotte » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Waking up early morning when the rooster starts to crow ( I like to live in the county) is my favorite time of the day. How can it help you lose weight? For me frankly, it helps you to be emotionally stable. Waking up 10 or 15 mins early allows you to focus and reflect on just about anything that you want to think of. It also allows your body to adjust to the environment and allows you to choose healthy food choices.

If you wake up on the dot or just in time, you tend to be emotionally haggard so you are already stressed out and you will tend to grab just about anything that you set your eyes on (including that bar of chocolate! ) and you would be craving for carbo foods but will not be satisfied (because your body is not yet adjusted) so you will eat more just to have that sense of fullness.