Weight Loss + Health Conditions Rules

Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which cells cannot use blood sugar (glucose) efficiently for energy. This happens when the cells become insensitive to insulin and the blood sugar gradually gets too high.
Scarlett

Unread post by Scarlett » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 pm

We've started this forum to help centralize some of the discussions out there that people are having regarding weight loss and those often complicating factors such as Type 1 or 2 diabetes, PCOS, fibromyalgia, etc.

*This is absolutely NOT a place to give out medical advice. Just like the rest of the Weight Loss forum, it is a place to share personal experiences and high-quality information.

*Any information that you find here should NEVER replace the advice of your medical doctor or healthcare team.

*The same rules as the rest of the forum apply regarding spamming, linking, and insulting other members

There is a sub-forum started for Type 2 diabetes as this is a common condition related to those that are overweight.

For now, start a thread with the Health Condition in the Title, so that others know what the thread is about. Commonly discussed conditions will likely be made into sub-forums in the future.

Olivia

Unread post by Olivia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:30 pm

We live in an information overloaded society. There has not been a moment in history when information has been this available, right at our fingertips. By typing one simple phrase, we now get hundreds, thousands, sometimes even millions of answers to our most desired questions. And now it seems, because of the abundance of information available to us, that a lot of us are confused.
Just a thought:
1. Eat REAL Food.
2. Live Life Actively.
3. Get outside.
4. Constantly strive to improve in order to see change.
5. Get some sleep.
6. Practice Active Recovery .
7. Use Natural Movements.

By just living with these 7 rules in mind, you’re sure to become a healthier, happier and more fulfilling life.

Then tell me if they do work :)

Brayden

Growth Hormone Deficiency

Unread post by Brayden » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 am

Growth Hormone Deficiency

I had a brain tumor for 10 years which ment that everytime i did any physical activity i would get a head ache and stop. This ment that i never did alot of excercise when i was younger because it hurt.

Because of my tumor i now have Growth Hormone Deficiency which i take injections for. I have recently put on alot of weight which means i have gone up 2 dress sizes and it is noticable which is depressing me lots! my boyfriend has noticed it and mentioned it too me which upset me and caused an arguement.

The thing is because of my hormone deficiency it means that i am always tired and i am very weak. It is very difficult for me to do excercise because i have not done it all my life and i dont have the stength to do much or the motivation.

But i need to loose weight because i am very unhappy and emotional and i do not want to keep putting on the weight. I need to talk to someone about this and maybe some advice for something i can do to help my weight. My legs, arms and stomach are the problem.

Please help me!

Sarah Nelson

You do not NEED to exercise

Unread post by Sarah Nelson » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm

You do not NEED to exercise to lose weight. A lot of people lose piles of weight just but cutting their calories and switching to healthier food. Maybe that is the way for you to go as well?

Samuel

I dont know, i have a very small apetite

Unread post by Samuel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:34 am

I dont know, i have a very small apetite i only need a mouthful and im full. i eat well but i have a weakness to crisps i have 2 packets a day nearly everyday and thats the main bad thing i eat plus i eat 1 bag at night too. im not rele sure how to eat any better accept not eating the crisps. Any ideas?

Scarlett

Re: I dont know, i have a very small apetite

Unread post by Scarlett » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Samuel wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:34 am
I dont know, i have a very small apetite i only need a mouthful and im full. i eat well but i have a weakness to crisps i have 2 packets a day nearly everyday and thats the main bad thing i eat plus i eat 1 bag at night too. im not rele sure how to eat any better accept not eating the crisps. Any ideas?
Hey Samuel welcome to the forum!

The first thing that you should do is to get your doctor's clearance for exercise. Ask them what level of intensity would be appropriate given your medical history and whether they are OK with you doing cardio, strength training, or both. Ultimately, a combination of cardio and strength training is optimal for weight loss, but starting with one or the other is just fine. If your doctor clears you for exercise, you will likely have to start very slowly... possibly with only 10 mins per day a few days per week. You most likely will experience more fatigue than usual; it takes time and patience for your body to build up strength and endurance, so expect more than 'normal' fatigue at the beginning. Once you feel that 10 mins is manageable, very gradually increase your exercise time.

For both diet and exercise, it may be a good idea to record what you eat and what you do for exercise. This way you can look back and see what works and what doesn't work. The weight loss diary thread is here:

Iminathi

Re: You do not NEED to exercise

Unread post by Iminathi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am

Sarah Nelson wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm
You do not NEED to exercise to lose weight. A lot of people lose piles of weight just but cutting their calories and switching to healthier food. Maybe that is the way for you to go as well?
I agree with this post. There are even products you can use to help you lose weight without exercising if you are unable to (I know because I currently use some).

Plus exercise does not have to be rigorous. People saying that walking is one of the best exercises as you use your whole body. Going for a 20 minute walk once a day or even breaking it up into four 5 minutes walks if you find the 20 minutes straight too much.

Good luck with your weight loss. :)

Elizabeth

Anybody wanna lose his Weight or cure from Diabetes

Unread post by Elizabeth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:15 pm

If anybody really wanna lose his weight he/she should have to use Fruits, Vegetables, like Orange, Cucumber, Less calories foods, and exercise can loss your weight, . There is also a great cure for having anyone diabetes, they should have to use Spinach and Bitter gourd to cure from diabetes.

Leilani cox

Re: Weight Loss + Health Conditions Rules

Unread post by Leilani cox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

Their are many option to reduce weight, Like normal low calories diet including fruits in breakfast and dinner, regular exercise, eat health food, wake up early in morning and many more.......

Alexis

How does waking up early in the morning

Unread post by Alexis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:31 am

How does waking up early in the morning possibly help to reduce my weight? I'd totally love to hear that one.....