Gastric Bypass risks/side effects

Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
Evelyn

Re: Gastric Bypass risks/side effects

Unread post by Evelyn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:30 pm

I had a similar problem. I had a staple come loose and got stuck right above my pouch which caused me to have an ulcer. I had no appetite and could only hold maybe 2 oz at a time. After I got that fixed I feel so much better.

Camila

Unread post by Camila » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am

I too am almost 7 weeks post op and I do get hungry, but nothing like hunger before surgery. My problem is I have zero restriction and never get a full sensation. I feel exactly the same after my meals as I did before I eat. I wait an hour before and after eating to drink. I get about 100 oz Water in a day. I’m hoping down the road I get some sort of fullness feeling after eating. I always feel empty.

Riley

Unread post by Riley » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Camila wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am
I too am almost 7 weeks post op and I do get hungry, but nothing like hunger before surgery. My problem is I have zero restriction and never get a full sensation. I feel exactly the same after my meals as I did before I eat. I wait an hour before and after eating to drink. I get about 100 oz Water in a day. I’m hoping down the road I get some sort of fullness feeling after eating. I always feel empty.
I've heard from others that you don't have sensations at first because your nerves have been cut - which does make sense. That said, at 3.5 years out, I don't get the same "full" sensation that I did pre-surgery. It's hard to explain, but I just know when it's time to stop eating. I start feeling uncomfortable, and I know from experience that if I try to eat more, I'm probably going to get sick.

Layla Smith

I'm 3+ years out and I still don't get hungry.

Unread post by Layla Smith » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm 3+ years out and I still don't get hungry... if I don't eat on a schedule I forget to eat and then end up with low blood sugar. I remember the taste issue as well but that came back for me after a few months.

Nora Jones

Re: I'm 3+ years out and I still don't get hungry.

Unread post by Nora Jones » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Layla Smith wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm
I'm 3+ years out and I still don't get hungry... if I don't eat on a schedule I forget to eat and then end up with low blood sugar. I remember the taste issue as well but that came back for me after a few months.
I hoped and prayed that I would be one of the lucky ones, like you, but no - my hunger came back at five months out. Boo.