26 year old | Bariatric Surgery

Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
Zain

26 year old | Bariatric Surgery

Unread post by Zain » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:30 am

I’ve been overweight since I was born (5.8kg! My mother still complains to this day). So I’ve sort of been used to being the bigger person throughout my whole entire life, but I had ballooned over the past 5 years to 169kg. I had been considering getting bariatric surgery for years now but I’m finally at the stage where I can afford to do so in India. At this point when I’m starting out in a finance career, no matter what I do, I can’t seem professional when I’m this overweight. I’ve got my surgery scheduled now for 16 November 2018 in India.

Aria

How long will Smart Lipo pain last?

Unread post by Aria » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 pm

I have the exact same feeling, like wearing a lead vest or apron even when you have nothing on. I, too, am about a week post op and the deep soreness is an understatement. I had a complete abdominal wrap to include flanks and low back, as well as inner thighs and back of arms on a separate day. Take a look at some of the other blogs as there seems to be a lot of range with the pain factor. The thing that bothers me most is the swelling and numbness. I feel bigger and may, in fact, be bigger, due to the swelling. Do you have that same sensation with the numbness?

Penelope

Re: 26 year old | Bariatric Surgery

Unread post by Penelope » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Absolutely.. I'm only at day 6, and am desperate for it to feel better. Got my first compliment today, though. This is so worth it.

Evelyn

Unread post by Evelyn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:42 pm

today i am exactly 3 weeks....the first week was brutal and and i thought how am i going to get through this. But i would say at about day 10-11 that deep pain went away. I wore my garment non stop for 2 weeks. It felt better to have it on--even though it was uncomfortable around my waist(i had to pull it up really high). As of today, I am still very sore and tender to the touch but not in that deep pain anymore. I still have that band feeling across my waist but not quite as tight as it was. I must say that my body looks amazing....it is just the tenderness that is bothering me. But i can go about my day and feel good...it is just when i touch it is when it hurts. Everyday i wake up and hope that the soreness is gone--wonder how long that will take. At 2 weeks my dr said i didn't need to wear the garment, but what would happen is at the end of the day i would feel a little swollen. So I would either wear it for some part of the day or at night. I am still somewhat numb, but feeling is starting to come back little by and very itchy. Hope this helps.

Camila

Unread post by Camila » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:49 am

Yes-Thank you--that does help. Today is Day 12 post op and I am much more mobile. A few days ago, I came home…

Riley

Unread post by Riley » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:37 pm

I am on day 7 and holy crap am I sore. Especially my sides. I went to bikram yoga yesterday and I think it helped break Down some swelling and bruising. I have been using arnica, lavender oil, and tiger balm. Tiger balm kinda stings but I don’t care. I’m starting to try and massage the areas that don’t hurt as bad. I don’t like the garment but I’m so swollen it makes me feel a little better. I think I look pregnant I’m so swollen. I do feel the pain lessening thank god. I am drinking a ton of water and no salt. I saw some comments about feeling the procedure. I had some areas I could feel I just said ouch and they would give more lidocaine and/or switch angles. For the most part the worst time was the 16 hours after and day 6 and 7. Thus far.

Layla Smith

Unread post by Layla Smith » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:30 pm

Drained? How do they do that? And who does it for you!!? I had elite air sculpting done 4 days ago and major swelling and fluid testing in lower abdomen and hips

Nora Jones

Unread post by Nora Jones » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello everyone! I've been reading the post here and its great to see that what I'm feeling is normal. I am 10 days post op and although the pain has decreased I-AM-SO-UNCOMFORTABLE!! I got my procedure done at Sonobello. I had my upper and lower abs, waist and bra area SmartLipo'ed. The commercials says that you can return to work after a couple days but it took me a full week. I had a large seroma (I think tha's what its called) and I had to have the fluid manually drained that had collected in my lower ab. (Major FUPA action) However, after it was drained visually I could see an immediate change. Doctor states he may have to drain a second time. I can see my body began to form which is awesome. I have working out in my mind but I'm still too sore and uncomfortable to do so. Like someone stated above, I keep waking up hoping the pain is gone. I'm still walking slow, unable to bend and do normal things. I'm just ready to be done already and into my cute dresses. Oh well, I guess ill look into a massage but i'm afraid for someone to touch me with all the tendeness, numbness, tinging feeling oh boy! Happy healing everyone!