Will this be worth it?

Gastric Balloon is a weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It involves inserting a small silicone balloon into a patient’s stomach through an endoscopic procedure from the throat.
Grace smith

Re: 2 weeks post

Unread post by Grace smith » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Brayden wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:01 am
Grace smith wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm
Well its been 14 days today and I'm happy to say I have lost 11 pounds, YAY its been a struggle not going to lie. I over ate soup yesterday and I throw up so that didn't go very well. Now I know I need to keep it down to no more then 3oz. I'm not hungry most of the time. My energy is still there which I'm surprised because I don't eat! I wonder if this will be me for the next 6mos? The only Med's I take are Multi-vitamins and Biotin. I know I need to do more shakes of protein but when I do I only drink about 2oz's. On a good note** my stomach pains are gone** yay. I still get stomach discomfort but I read that is normal. Every time you eat your stomach will be okay or mad. That's all for now till next week.
Great! Sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on the 11 lbs :)
Thanks you! I'll be reading yours too. Hope it goes good for you. :)

Daniel

I am both excited and super anxious about getting the procedure

Unread post by Daniel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:42 am

thank you for sharing your journey! I am both excited and super anxious about getting the procedure. Recently, I've gotten overwhelmed by the numerous horror stories about severe nausea the first 1-5 days after the balloon is inserted. Did you experience severe nausea? If so, what methods worked to alleviate these symptoms? The first 2 days did you sleep the entire time? I hate nausea so much and have considered getting Obalon instead because it has less of these symptoms but in my research, it appears it may not be as successful. Making choices can be so stressful sometimes... the privilege of options, I guess! haha! Congratulations on your success so far and I look forward to reading more posts as you continue!

Grace smith

I'm doing so much better pretty

Unread post by Grace smith » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 am

Sienna Morris wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:26 pm
How ate you doing? I'll post my 1 week update on the 12th.
I'm doing so much better pretty much 99%. I even forget I have the balloon! on the down side of that I have only lost 1 pound. So I'm down 12 pounds. I'm going to post my update and write about it more there

Grace smith

Re: I am both excited and super anxious about getting the procedure

Unread post by Grace smith » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:05 am

Daniel wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:42 am
thank you for sharing your journey! I am both excited and super anxious about getting the procedure. Recently, I've gotten overwhelmed by the numerous horror stories about severe nausea the first 1-5 days after the balloon is inserted. Did you experience severe nausea? If so, what methods worked to alleviate these symptoms? The first 2 days did you sleep the entire time? I hate nausea so much and have considered getting Obalon instead because it has less of these symptoms but in my research, it appears it may not be as successful. Making choices can be so stressful sometimes... the privilege of options, I guess! haha! Congratulations on your success so far and I look forward to reading more posts as you continue!
Hi. not going to lie the first 2-3 days are the worst, I was regretting it. I throw up maybe 3 times but since its just liquids its not bad and you will feel better afterwards. There is no medication to help. Personally I cant swallow a pill so the Obalon was out the window. After you pass that the only time you get nausea is if you overeat or if you eat something that didn't set well. I discovered that onions do it for me. I heard others is steak which I haven't had. its hard to digest. I have not regrets now. Good luck cant wait to hear how it goes for you

Grace smith

I have a giant Balloon in my stomach

Unread post by Grace smith » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:10 am

I feel good! I even forget I have a giant Balloon in my stomach. Shortly after 2 weeks my stomach adjusted to the change. The down side of that " I only lost 1 pounds"! so that brings me to 12 pounds total. I have to be honest, I haven't made the best food decisions. I thought since my intake is so small I could eat anything! I'll just chew 25-30 times. WRONG! So I'm getting my butt in check and follow a better diet. I'm focusing on 10 pounds per month. I will also start working out next week not crazy cardio, maybe light weights so I don't get loose skin and cellulite.
Again learning process. :)

CherryAshe

Re: I have a giant Balloon in my stomach

Unread post by CherryAshe » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Grace smith wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:10 am
I feel good! I even forget I have a giant Balloon in my stomach. Shortly after 2 weeks my stomach adjusted to the change. The down side of that " I only lost 1 pounds"! so that brings me to 12 pounds total. I have to be honest, I haven't made the best food decisions. I thought since my intake is so small I could eat anything! I'll just chew 25-30 times. WRONG! So I'm getting my butt in check and follow a better diet. I'm focusing on 10 pounds per month. I will also start working out next week not crazy cardio, maybe light weights so I don't get loose skin and cellulite.
Glad you're feeling better! Don't beat yourself up too much. You've still lost 12lbs in 3 weeks! Most people without a balloon would be very pleased. 10 lbs a month is a good goal, you are already 2 lbs ahead of that :)

Iminathi

Re: Will this be worth it?

Unread post by Iminathi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:13 am

How did you do over the holidays?

Grace smith

Re: I have a giant Balloon in my stomach

Unread post by Grace smith » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:14 am

CherryAshe wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:31 pm
Grace smith wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:10 am
Glad you're feeling better! Don't beat yourself up too much. You've still lost 12lbs in 3 weeks! Most people without a balloon would be very pleased. 10 lbs a month is a good goal, you are already 2 lbs ahead of that :)
Very true. Thank you.

Grace smith

Re: Will this be worth it?

Unread post by Grace smith » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Iminathi wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:13 am
How did you do over the holidays?
it went ok. I did eat stuff I was not supposed to. One good thing is that I only still eat about 60% intake as before. I'm not as low as I thought I would this far along. I need to make a better effort. The Balloon helps but most of the work is you and I haven't been doing that great. I have always had a bad eating habit. Hope I report more weight loss soon. Thanks for asking

Grace smith

1 MONTH POST

Unread post by Grace smith » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm down a total of 14 pounds in 4 weeks. Its a little slower then I expected but I'll take it. I could already tell and feel the difference mostly in my face. I'll will be joining the gym soon. I following an Adkins kind of diet. I don't drink enough water, in a good day its about 3 water bottles a day. (maybe that's why?) The only pills I take are biotin and multivitamins. Hope to report more weight loss in 2 weeks.