10 Diet Myths

Diabetes, describes a group of metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because insulin production is inadequate, or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin, or both.
Sienna Morris

Re: I've never read the work of Eades.

Unread post by Sienna Morris » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Brayden wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:55 am
I've never read the work of Eades.

Calorie restriction is important to achieve the loss of stored body fat, and of equal importance in regard to efficiently burning stored body fat is the ratio of the macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate and fat) that makes up the calories one eats. There were studies done back in the 1950's which demonstrate this. The specific published clinical studies are cited in the bibliographies of Zone books.

Your reference to snake oil remindes me of something I recently read. Here's a surprising bit of info about snake oil, the term given to concoctions used to scam tons of gullible people a hundred years ago. I read that some of those preparations actually contained omega 3 oils. Omega 3's, especially those from fish oil, are now proven to reduce inflammation, so it's very likely the at least some of that old fashioned snake oil probably did do some good in regard to helping people feel better!
Maybe you should check current research.

Macros are certainly important.

Once adequate protein and essential fats are accounted for, there's not much a difference if any between composition regarding fat loss. Period.

Stop relying on cherry picked research that supports the sale of a product and start researching unbiasedly. At least if you're going to be handing out advice.

Daniel

i am a coffee lover

Unread post by Daniel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:38 am

thank you about the information...especially in coffee.. i am a coffee lover...hehehe..my day is incomplete if i can't drink coffee...thank you

Samuel

All those mentioned are myths

Unread post by Samuel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:53 am

All those mentioned are myths and everyone should remember that getting in shape is a whole lifestyle change and something that should not just be a fad.

CherryAshe

Re: 10 Diet Myths

Unread post by CherryAshe » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:25 pm

i am totally impressed! It was very informative! i personally loved the pasta myth u bust. good work and keep it up!

Iminathi

10 rules r like golden rules for all new dieters

Unread post by Iminathi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:09 am

hey i think tahat these 10 rules r like golden rules for all new dieters.
it is really useful and im too going to follow all ur tips.
thank u for ur tips

Elizabeth

Unread post by Elizabeth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:02 pm

It's good to clear things up once in a while. sent your sticky on carbs and prots to my dad who just wont believe me when I tell him eating carbs and prot separate doesn't make a poop difference :p
hmm according to energy expenditure with your calculation i get 1750 kcal (3-5x exercise week and weight 115 lbs)... seems a bit low to me. I usually eat 1300 kcal/day and when exercise I go up to 1500-1700, some days I dont diet, and I still loose 2kg/month. hmm

Leilani cox

Unread post by Leilani cox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:36 am

Hi all...
Nice information about health because among 10, i am believing in 6 also follow them so its help me a lot.

Thanks again...

Alexis

milk

Unread post by Alexis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 am

milk

well milk definitely isn't a good weight loss food! look at the commercials when the scrawny kid turns bulky supposedly just from drinking milk and the background voice says "milk does a body good"!!

Rosalie

Re: milk

Unread post by Rosalie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:49 am

Alexis wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 am
milk

well milk definitely isn't a good weight loss food! look at the commercials when the scrawny kid turns bulky supposedly just from drinking milk and the background voice says "milk does a body good"!!
It scares me to think that people think of food as "weight loss foods", and don't look at it for any nutritional benefits.

Stephanie

Unread post by Stephanie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:45 pm

this is great... thanks for the info