Advantages of the Gastric Bypass

Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
Iminathi

Unread post by Iminathi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:10 pm

• It is particularly effective for patients with a larger BMI as the procedure has more predictable weight loss outcomes, significantly(60 to 80 percent excess weight loss).
  • Hormonal changes resulting from surgery mean most patients have an almost immediate reduction in their need for diabetic medication, and some can completely stop diabetic medication altogether.
  • In addition to weight loss, gastric Bypass tends to have the strongest effect on high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other obesity-related health issues.
  • It is also effective for those people who tend towards high sugar or high-fat foods. Dumping syndrome is directly linked to a high sugar, high fat intake. Symptoms of dumping are unpleasant and therefore discourage the intake of high calorie, sweet foods.

Advantages of laparoscopy over open surgery include:
  • Have less pain
  • This surgery takes about 2 to 4 hours.
  • Shorter hospital stays and quicker recovery.
  • Smaller scars and a lower risk of getting a hernia or infection.

Elizabeth

Relation between sleeping and weight loss?

Unread post by Elizabeth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:37 pm

Hello everybody,

I came across a health fact on the internet that claims that lack of sleep cause weight gain. It increases the weight within a week by 0.9 KG (2 pounds). How far is it true?

Leilani cox

Re: Advantages of the Gastric Bypass

Unread post by Leilani cox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:58 pm

From my personal knowledge I think it's true

Sofia

Unread post by Sofia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Well, I wouldn't have believed it
Trusylver. Guess, that's why I'm getting fat due to lack of sleep. Now I need to change my time table and get some proper sleep.

Rosalie

Unread post by Rosalie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:54 am

This is true.

Lack of sleep affects different appetite hormones such as ghrelin, which can cause you to eat more.

Also, if you aren't sleeping enough, you're probably not as motivated to exercise or find the energy to eat healthy meals.

Sleep is just as important and exercise and diet when it comes to a healthy lifestyle change!

Rosalie

Stephanie

Unread post by Stephanie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Yeah it's true !! Lack of sleep cause weight gain.