Gastric Balloon Surgery Cost in India

Gastric Balloon is a weight loss procedure that helps you to lose weight without any surgery. It involves inserting a small silicone balloon into a patient’s stomach through an endoscopic procedure from the throat.
Alexis

Re: Gastric Balloon Surgery Cost in India

Unread post by Alexis » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 am

January 19: No nausea, mild cramps. I feel like the top of my stomach is bloated and pressing against my ribs and bra underwire, while the bottom half is constantly growling with hunger. I feel like eating food, but I don't feel the need to eat more than mouse bites that let me taste a bit of everything. I've eaten 700 calories so far, and will probably have a protein shake for dinner. Since I was at a family reunion all day, that limited my food options (especially since I didn't want to tell a bunch of people I barely know why I wasn't eating). So I had a plate with a little bit of everything, adding up to 500 calories: Three crackers with cheese, a beef frank, two little pieces of melon, three little pieces of avocado, a little lettuce, a small baby potato, half a cup of marionberry cobbler, and about a square inch of cake. Mostly mouse bites basically. Even though it's only been four days and I'm supposed to be on liquids, with solid foods another three weeks away, I feel completely fine eating all kinds of solid foods. It's been 4 hours now since I last ate, and I feel good

Alexis

Unread post by Alexis » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:18 pm

january 23, one week post surgery: My stomach feels distended and bloated a lot. I'm burping a lot as well. However, the stomach cramps stopped a few days ago, and I'm not experiencing any nausea. I'm eating normally (fruit, yogurt, bagels, soup, thai curry) and I haven't thrown up or being nauseated whatsoever. I can only eat very small portions though before my stomach starts feeling painfully bloated again. I really wonder if the reason so many people can't tolerate solid food well after two weeks is because they've been on liquids too long. I started soft solids on the day of my surgery and began eating normal foods after three days, and it's been no problem at all.

Alexis

Unread post by Alexis » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Three weeks post placement. I experience a lot of bloating and burping, and I had one day last week where I didn't eat very healthy food, and I ended up throwing up three times. Oddly enough, I was throwing up food that I'd eaten about 36 hours earlier, which made me a little concerned that I wasn't processing food correctly. It did seem like I was getting increasingly more painfully bloated after each meal. So I dialed it back a little bit, with more yogurt and cottage cheese, and since then I've been fine. I eat on average 1300 calories a day. That's easy to maintain, though I perpetually feel a weird mixture of being both hungry and extremely full. Doesn't really make me want to eat necessarily, but it feels weird to have some hunger pangs, while also feeling bloated. That said, I eat mostly normal foods. Most commonly: fruits and vegetables, bread, sushi, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Some Ritz thin crisps work well for a light snack. I haven't exercised, though I'm back to walking about an hour a day. I feel like I would be uncomfortable exercising, because I feel bloated so often. My stomach also feels weird if I lie flat on my back. I can feel my heart pounding right where the balloon is. I'm fine when I sleep on my stomach, though I wake up every few hours, and need to burp excessively, because of pressure in my stomach. Inconvenient, but not especially terrible. I'm down about 12 lbs in three weeks, though the first 8 were right after the surgery. The last two weeks I seem to have lost 2lbs a week, which does not seem like much, considering the fact that I'm only eating 1300 calories and weigh 249 lbs, and walk for an hour a day, and threw up about two days worth of food last week

Victoria

Unread post by Victoria » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:14 pm

Alexis wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm
Three weeks post placement. I experience a lot of bloating and burping, and I had one day last week where I didn't eat very healthy food, and I ended up throwing up three times. Oddly enough, I was throwing up food that I'd eaten about 36 hours earlier, which made me a little concerned that I wasn't processing food correctly. It did seem like I was getting increasingly more painfully bloated after each meal. So I dialed it back a little bit, with more yogurt and cottage cheese, and since then I've been fine. I eat on average 1300 calories a day. That's easy to maintain, though I perpetually feel a weird mixture of being both hungry and extremely full. Doesn't really make me want to eat necessarily, but it feels weird to have some hunger pangs, while also feeling bloated. That said, I eat mostly normal foods. Most commonly: fruits and vegetables, bread, sushi, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Some Ritz thin crisps work well for a light snack. I haven't exercised, though I'm back to walking about an hour a day. I feel like I would be uncomfortable exercising, because I feel bloated so often. My stomach also feels weird if I lie flat on my back. I can feel my heart pounding right where the balloon is. I'm fine when I sleep on my stomach, though I wake up every few hours, and need to burp excessively, because of pressure in my stomach. Inconvenient, but not especially terrible. I'm down about 12 lbs in three weeks, though the first 8 were right after the surgery. The last two weeks I seem to have lost 2lbs a week, which does not seem like much, considering the fact that I'm only eating 1300 calories and weigh 249 lbs, and walk for an hour a day, and threw up about two days worth of food last week
I'm going through the same thing with throwing up hours after eating just starting week 4 stomach bloating and pressure under my bra strap I stopped getting on the scale so much just trying to figure it out maybe I need to stay on soft foods and protein shakes longer. I go for follow up on Wednesday we will see what doctors say.

Aria

I'm 5 days post-procedure and feel great

Unread post by Aria » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm 5 days post-procedure and feel great. I had mild nausea the first 2 days but no vomiting. Some acid reflux, mostly at night. But not painful heartburn at all. Everyone's experience will be different!

Penelope

Unread post by Penelope » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Have you lost much weight?

Evelyn

Unread post by Evelyn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Ugh. I'm on day 4 and am able to tolerate fluid but that's it. Burping like crazy and feel sore from the balloon. Nausea comes and goes along with the cramping. I really want this thing to work!

Camila

Unread post by Camila » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 am

Any update? How are you, now?