Gastric Bypass Surgery Cost in India

Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
Jacob

Gastric Bypass Surgery Cost in India

Unread post by Jacob » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:59 pm

My doctor has suggested that I have gastric bypass surgery. I cannot afford the procedure in the United States. My doctor has suggested I go to India for the procedure. Can anyone give me information on doctors and hospitals in Dehli? I also need to know about the hotels in Dehli so I can pick an appropriate lodging for after the surgery. There are organizations here that help to arrange the whole trip but it is sometimes difficult to know who is trustworthy. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Chandan

Re: Gastric Bypass Surgery Cost in India

Unread post by Chandan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:34 pm

It could cost anything from $4500 to $5,000 depending on the procedure.
You can Call or Whatsapp at at +91-9711586419 for More information.
MirageSearch will Help you.
Visit www.miragesearch.com

CherryAshe

Unread post by CherryAshe » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:21 pm

I had the lap band placed in 2012, with initial weight loss of approximately 60 pounds. At the time of surgery I weighed 375 pounds. Thus, my lowest weight with the lap band was 315. I have gained back up to 375 pounds. I am now seriously considering a revision to gastric bypass as I am learning this is the best procedure/tool for substantial and long-term health benefits. Has anyone had this revision? Thanks-

Ridham

Gastric Bypass Surgery in India

Unread post by Ridham » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:10 am

I had Gastric Bypass Surgery at New Delhi, India on May 29th of this year and it honestly saved my life. I was 337 pounds, on the verge of high BP, had joint problems, anxiety, depression and did not have a good quality of life. Since pre-op, I have lost down to 267 pounds and feel fantastic!!!
Thanks you
Ridham

Iminathi

Unread post by Iminathi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Did you have the Bypass done?

Elizabeth

Unread post by Elizabeth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:07 pm

I have had a revision done but I had not had a band placed before. I had my stomach "stapled" or what was called vertical banded gastroplasty back 28 years ago. I was probably about 350 lbs and I did ok and lost about 100 initially but then I gained it all back and then some. The revision is a bit more costly and a bit more involved (at least it was for mine) but I was still able to have mine laparoscopically with 6 small incisions. (I had it on Dec. 16th, 2015) and I'm doing well. The only additional thing my surgeon does for his revision patients is he puts a feeding tube in for 1 month because he said that the chance of leaks for a normally RYGB patient is only about 1% and with a revision is jumps to about 10% so he likes to have the feeding tube just in case I would have a leak and would not be able to eat, he said it's better :D to feed thru a feeding tube than IV. Good luck :)

Alexis

Unread post by Alexis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:07 pm
I have had a revision done but I had not had a band placed before. I had my stomach "stapled" or what was called vertical banded gastroplasty back 28 years ago. I was probably about 350 lbs and I did ok and lost about 100 initially but then I gained it all back and then some. The revision is a bit more costly and a bit more involved (at least it was for mine) but I was still able to have mine laparoscopically with 6 small incisions. (I had it on Dec. 16th, 2015) and I'm doing well. The only additional thing my surgeon does for his revision patients is he puts a feeding tube in for 1 month because he said that the chance of leaks for a normally RYGB patient is only about 1% and with a revision is jumps to about 10% so he likes to have the feeding tube just in case I would have a leak and would not be able to eat, he said it's better :D to feed thru a feeding tube than IV. Good luck :)
Hey there! I'm just checking in to see how you're doing now. Did you go ahead with your revision? It'd be great to hear from you again :)

Rosalie

Unread post by Rosalie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:26 am

no but I am going to I had lap band and had it reversed. nothing is a miracle remember that. I am going in with that in my head.

Stephanie

Unread post by Stephanie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Rosalie wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:26 am
no but I am going to I had lap band and had it reversed. nothing is a miracle remember that. I am going in with that in my head.
Hey Rosalie Welcome to the community! You're right, there's no miracle when it comes to weight loss, and whichever path you choose will involve a lot of willpower and determination. Surgery is certainly not the easy way out! Good luck with your procedure, and please keep us updated :)

Rosalie

Unread post by Rosalie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:51 am

thank you for responding. when I get a goal I am all in. looking forward to doing this. I haven;tbeen a healty weight since my early 20's how long is the hospital stay?