How much does bariatric surgery cost in South Africa?

Gastric Bypass surgery is also known as Bariatric Surgery or weight-loss surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat.
Hollyrose

How much does bariatric surgery cost in South Africa?

Unread post by Hollyrose » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery) includes a variety of procedures performed on people who are obese. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with an implanted medical device (gastric banding) or through the removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestines to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).

Bariatric Surgery has different types of surgeries:
Have a appointment with best bariatric surgeon in Delhi and gives a new way to your lifestyle. For getting more information regarding Bariatric Surgery and it cost contact us at +91-9711586419 or visit - www.miragesearch.com

Cost
It could cost anything from $9000 to $12,000 and upwards, depending on the procedure. But in India, it is $4500 with world class Doctors and facilities.

Oga

Re: How much does bariatric surgery cost in South Africa?

Unread post by Oga » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:06 pm

Bariatric surgery in India is Half the cost of South Africa and with world class services. Better choose India rather than South Africa.

Samuel

bariatric surgery south africa

Unread post by Samuel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi everyoneI am 5 months post op and have lost a total of 38.5 kg. I feel great and can wear the clothes I want to now. The problem I have is my husband is acting so stupid and jelous and refuses to give me any compliments. We went out to dinner last night and as usual I hardley ate anything so he says its no fun going out with you anymore!!! Then he proceeds to tell me you think your pretty hot dont you???? WTF??? So I was upset and we drove all the way home without saying a word. I told him pull into the pub I want a bottle of wine ( I know but believe me by then I was pretty pissed off and so depressed) . Anyway the woman who owns the place has not seen me in months and says OMG you look fantastic, even her son (who looks about 25 mind you) said shes gorgeous. How sweet. That lifted my mood. So I excitedly tell my husband saying why dont you say things like that to me and all he says is dont tell me what to say or do. I feel so depressed I dont know what to do. Its making me feel like I cant enjoy this journey to health because of his negativity.

CherryAshe

Re: bariatric surgery south africa

Unread post by CherryAshe » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Samuel wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:51 pm
Hi everyoneI am 5 months post op and have lost a total of 38.5 kg. I feel great and can wear the clothes I want to now. The problem I have is my husband is acting so stupid and jelous and refuses to give me any compliments. We went out to dinner last night and as usual I hardley ate anything so he says its no fun going out with you anymore!!! Then he proceeds to tell me you think your pretty hot dont you???? WTF??? So I was upset and we drove all the way home without saying a word. I told him pull into the pub I want a bottle of wine ( I know but believe me by then I was pretty pissed off and so depressed) . Anyway the woman who owns the place has not seen me in months and says OMG you look fantastic, even her son (who looks about 25 mind you) said shes gorgeous. How sweet. That lifted my mood. So I excitedly tell my husband saying why dont you say things like that to me and all he says is dont tell me what to say or do. I feel so depressed I dont know what to do. Its making me feel like I cant enjoy this journey to health because of his negativity.
Awwww, that's a terrible story. Well, you just can't please everyone. Was your husband on board when you decided to have surgery? Just because you eat less doesn't mean the evening can't be fun. Keep your head up and weight down girlfriend! Hubby will come around, it's a big change for him. Take every compliment that you get and remember them when you hear something not-so-nice from others. Oh and a super congrats on your weight loss.

Samuel

Re: bariatric surgery south africa

Unread post by Samuel » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:12 pm

CherryAshe wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:39 pm
Samuel wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:51 pm
Awwww, that's a terrible story. Well, you just can't please everyone. Was your husband on board when you decided to have surgery? Just because you eat less doesn't mean the evening can't be fun. Keep your head up and weight down girlfriend! Hubby will come around, it's a big change for him. Take every compliment that you get and remember them when you hear something not-so-nice from others. Oh and a super congrats on your weight loss.
Thank you. No he didnt know I was having the surgery until the last minute as we were kind of separated at the time. But I cant help but feel its only because of the weight loss that he is still here now. I suffer from depression (some of it weight related) so I just feel so resentful towards him. Anyway, I have thought about it and thats his problem. If he cant support me or handle it then so be it. Its his problem not mine. I am so sick of people who comment on women's weight (gain or loss) as they have some right to!! I will do what is right for me and my health Thanks again for your kind words :)

CherryAshe

Unread post by CherryAshe » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm

You deserve kind words! That's one thing about everyone here on Miragesearch, we know how to support and uplift one another.

Iminathi

Unread post by Iminathi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Hello Samuel! I did the kg to lb conversion and 83 lbs is a huge accomplishment that you can celebrate. That shows how brave you are and how capable of change. I am cheering for you and please don't listen to ones who don't support you!

Samuel

Sleeve Gastrectomy

Unread post by Samuel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi Guys - thanks for your replies. I am not listening to the non-supporters. I am doing what I know is right for me and my health. I am still losing as I want to get to a size 10 Aus sizing and that is fine with my surgeon and dietician. After all, they are the experts, not some ignorant bystanders who can't even be bothered to do any research before they open their big mouths (his MIL for one) who once said to my children oh your mother is stunning she only needs to lose weight!!!! Yep, she said it to MY CHILDREN. Anyway seeing her on Sunday for the first time since my Op and I can tell you if she comments positively once that's fine but if she goes on and on about you don't need to lose anymore I will lose it and let her have it. I will keep you all posted. Thanks, guys - it means a lot to me that I have people I can talk to who 'get it'. :)

CherryAshe

Re: Sleeve Gastrectomy

Unread post by CherryAshe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:13 pm

Samuel wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Hi Guys - thanks for your replies. I am not listening to the non-supporters. I am doing what I know is right for me and my health. I am still losing as I want to get to a size 10 Aus sizing and that is fine with my surgeon and dietician. After all, they are the experts, not some ignorant bystanders who can't even be bothered to do any research before they open their big mouths (his MIL for one) who once said to my children oh your mother is stunning she only needs to lose weight!!!! Yep, she said it to MY CHILDREN. Anyway seeing her on Sunday for the first time since my Op and I can tell you if she comments positively once that's fine but if she goes on and on about you don't need to lose anymore I will lose it and let her have it. I will keep you all posted. Thanks, guys - it means a lot to me that I have people I can talk to who 'get it'. :)
We "get it" that's for sure. Oh my, the MIL. grrrr. Yep I have one of them too. My husband told her to NOT say or ask anything about my weight. Done. Hey, you don't have a Review page set up to tell your sleeve story. I think you should start one.

Samuel

Unread post by Samuel » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:23 pm

Yep I def will. I keep going to start it and get interupted. Your lucky your husband stood up to his MIL. Mine didnt. I basically had to fend for myself and I left and drove home in tears. BTW she was in tears also so that made me feel better. It was so long ago now that I cant remember but I think my husand and I didnt talk for months after. Not even sure to this day whether he apologised for not saying anything to her. Should have seen the signs right there!!!! Oh well, better late than never I suppose.