Our International Patient Services team will smoothen your stay at every stage, from the moment you arrive till you go back. They will:
- Fix the initial consultation with the doctor(s)
- Schedule standard pre-surgical tests required
- Explain your pre/post-surgical medication to you
- Make sure you get a comprehensive written medical report on the discharge
- Organize daily email updates to your referring doctor and your family back home
Once you confirm your visit to our facility for medical treatment, we will send a visa requisition letter to the Indian Embassy in your country. A copy of the letter will be marked to you.
Please send us the following details via email if you want us to send a visa requisition letter to the Indian Embassy in your country:
- Patient's name and passport number
- Medical escort's name and passport number
- Your tentative date of arrival
Email us your Details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on your budget, we can arrange accommodation for you and your attendant close to the hospital at nearby guest houses, service apartments or luxurious 5-star hotels.
Facilities like hospital visits, on-call doctor, cab services and emergency ambulance can also be arranged by us.
Before your arrival, our International Patients Services Team will send you the name and contact details of the staffer being sent to meet you. This person will escort you to the hospital or accommodation. If you are unable to find the person sent to pick you up, all you need to do is call our hospital helpline.
Our hospital staff are familiar with English, Arabic, Hindi and the local Indian language. We can arrange for interpreters if necessary.
So you’re feeling well enough to want to take in the local sights and indulge in some retail therapy?
That’s a compliment to us, and we’ll be delighted to help you with local sightseeing after your treatment is complete.