Cardiothoracic Surgery is the sector of medicine involved in the surgical healing of diseases that are disturbing organs inside the thorax (the chest). Generally the treatment for conditions of the heart (heart disease) and lungs (lung disease).
Moreover, Cardiac surgery (involving the heart and great vessels) and Thoracic surgery (involving the lungs) are separate surgical specialties.
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CVTS) offers a broad spectrum of the latest procedures in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery for adults and children.
Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) is the most common procedure performed. And a vast majority of these are Beating heart surgeries. It also decreases the length of stay and complications for patients.
Video Assisted Thoracoscopic surgeries (VATS) in both adult and pediatric patients with lung diseases is the latest techniques used in surgeries performed with minimal use of blood products.
The other key procedures carried out with great precision are
- Adult and pediatric cardiothoracic surgeries.
- CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft).
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS).
- Reconstructive surgery for diffuse coronary artery disease.
- Surgery for ischemic mitral regurgitation and post-infarct ventricular septal defects also.
- Re-do heart surgery (for both valve and CABG operations).
- Dor procedure for left ventricular aneurysms (left ventricular reconstructive surgery).
- Valve repair and replacements too.
- Stent-less heart valve surgery.
- Grown Up Congenital Heart (GUCH) operations.
- Open heart surgery for complex and straight forward congenital heart defects.
- Vascular surgery for Bentall and valve-sparing operation for ascending aortic aneurysms with aortic valve disease.
- Minimally invasive surgeries for aortic and mitral valve replacements and congenital atrial septal defect.
- Thoracic surgery.