Tummy Tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty is a process of removing the fat as well as the saggy skin from one’s body. It aims to flatten the stomach by tightening the abdominal wall and reshape the abdominal area. This surgery is mostly performed after extreme weight loss or pregnancy when the skin has become stretched or saggy. Also, it can remove the stretch marks. The result is you have a firm, thin and a well-toned tummy. It helps you achieve a desired look and shape, which is not acquired even after doing exercise and dieting.
The surgery associated with the Mommy Makeover procedure that helps women to restore their figure after pregnancy. It is also helpful for patients who have undergone an extreme weight loss in a short time.
Types of Tummy Tuck
- Traditional is the most common type of tummy tuck surgery. It addresses a patient’s entire abdominal area, and they often involve moving the belly button to ensure natural looking results. Traditional Tummy Tuck is commonly combined with abdominal liposuction.
- Mini is for patients who are within 10 percent of their ideal body weight and want to make changes only to the part of the abdomen that is below the navel. Mini tummy tucks require only a single small incision. They usually do not involve repositioning the navel.
- Endoscopic surgery is for patients with weak abdominal muscles, less abdominal fat, and no noticeable loose skin around the stomach area. Endoscopic tummy tucks involve the use of a tiny camera attached to a slender tube, called an endoscope. This technique is employed in tummy tucks for men and women who suffer due to rectus diastasis. A disorder that involves the separation of the abdominal muscles in the midline of the belly.
- Extended involves the removal of fat on either side of the waist as well as the removal of excess skin from the stomach area. The incision is usually low so that even if the scar extends behind the hips, it will not be visible, even when one is wearing low-rise clothing. This procedure allows for the treatment of a larger area than the traditional tummy tuck.
- Circumferential Tummy Tuck is a type of body lift. Circumferential Tummy tuck surgeries are often for patients who have to undergo gastric bypass surgery. Massive weight loss is often accompanied by a significant loss of skin elasticity. Circumferential abdominoplasty can involve the removal of excess skin from the thigh, buttocks, and hips, as well as the central abdominal area. The scars for this type of procedure extend to the back.
Benefits of Tummy Tuck
Remove Excess Fat and Skin
Tummy Tuck Surgery process is for the removal of excess fat and skin.
After Giving Birth
Tummy Tuck Surgery helps women to get back their original shape after giving birth. As it is quite difficult for new mothers to diet or exercise enough to achieve the original body shape after pregnancy.
Tummy Tuck Surgery tightens your Abdominal Muscles
It also tightens the abdominal muscles. Makes you look more attractive. Also, it makes you feel lightweight in that area.
Stretch Marks & Tummy Tuck
After pregnancy stretch marks appear on women’s skin. Abdominoplasty is an effective way to remove stretch marks, tighten abdominal muscles, thus smoothing the area out.
The cost of surgery varies from $1500 to $7000 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.