Breast Augmentation is also known as Breast Enlargement, Augmentation Mammaplasty or Breast Implants. Breast Augmentation is a cosmetic surgery to increases the size of the breast or restore breast using breast implants or fat transfer.
When to Consider Breast Augmentation
- If you wish your clothes fit better.
- If you want a better proportioned or more appealing figure.
- Pregnancy, weight loss or aging has affected the shape and size of your breast.
- To restore symmetry, if one of your breasts is smaller than the other.
Are you a good candidate for Beast Augmentation?
The following are some common reasons why you want to consider breast augmentation:
- You feel your breasts are too small for your body.
- You feel self-conscious wearing a swimsuit or form-fitting or low-cut tops.
- Clothes that fit your hips are too large at the bustline.
- Your breasts have become smaller or less firm after you’ve had children.
- Your breasts have become smaller due to weight loss.
- One of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other.
If you are in good health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are a good candidate.
Types of Breast Augmentation
There are following two ways of Breast Augmentation Surgery:-
- Breast Implants: – A breast implant is a Breast-shape sack consisting of a fluid or gel-like material. It is implanted behind or in place of a female breast through reconstructive or cosmetic surgery. It changes the size, shape, and contour of a woman’s breast. Moreover, breast implants can restore a natural looking breast for post–mastectomy patients. It also corrects breasts that are unequal because of congenital defects and deformities. There are two types of breast implants: saline and silicone.
- a. Saline Implants: – Filled with sterile salt water. These implants are FDA approved for augmentation in women age 18 or older and provide a uniform shape and firmness. If in case the implant shell leaks, the saline implant will collapse and the saline will be absorbed and naturally expelled by the body.
- b. Silicone Implants: – Filled with silicone gel. These implants are FDA approved for augmentation in women age 22 or older. The gel feels a bit more like natural breast tissues. If the implant leaks, the gel may remain within the implant shell. A leaking implant filled with silicone gel will not collapse.
- Fat Transfer: – Breast Augmentation with Autologous fat transfer usually uses or injects fat taken from other parts of the body through the process of liposuction. However, this option is for those women who prefer or are looking for a relatively small increase in breast size.
In general cost of breast augmentation including implants varies from $2500 to $7000 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.
- Aesthetic Improvement:
Breast augmentation with breast implants enhances a woman’s figure by increasing breast size, reshaping the bust line, and providing shapelier body contour. Small breasts can cause some women to feel that their bust line is disproportionate; creating an overall figure that lacks balance. Breast enlargement can add curves and definition to the body’s profile for an appearance that is more conventionally attractive.Breast enhancement surgery with breast implants can be used to restore breast size and shape following a mastectomy. If a woman’s breasts are of noticeably different sizes, a single breast implant can make the breasts more similar in size, creating an attractive symmetry.
- Increased Confidence:
Reduced confidence and feelings of inadequacy are common when a woman feels that the size of her breasts is detrimental to her outward appearance. These feelings can be alleviated after a successful breast enhancement surgery that adds size and youthful contour to the breasts. Women who have undergone a breast enlargement surgery consistently report experiencing increased self-esteem and confidence.
- Post Mastectomy Option:
A mastectomy, or the removal of one or both breasts as a treatment for cancer, can be traumatic for many women. To regain the bust line they had before their mastectomy, women can choose to undergo reconstructive breast enhancement surgery, often with breast implants to achieve the most natural look possible.