A Facelift or Rhytidectomy is a surgical procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the face. This process uplifts the sagging or drooping skin of neck and face and making these areas look fresh and firm. It improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck. Therefore the surgery sometimes called as surgical removal of wrinkles. It is one of the most commonly used procedures for those who want to look as young as they feel.
Facelift Surgery serves the following
Areas of Improvement
- Lift and tighten the jaw line and jowls
- Sharpen/improve the angle of the neck
- Uplift the sagging skin in the middle of your face.
- Refill the lost skin in the lower face that creates jowls.
- Make a correction of deep creases under the lower eyelids.
- Deep creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth.
- It also lifts various face structures like chin, cheeks and repositioned them to their actual place.
The loss of youthful appearance in the face can be due to a variety of factors. These factors include heredity, gravity, environmental conditions, and stress.
The Rejuvenation procedure of a facelift is usually performed in combination with a Brow lift, to correct a sagging or furrowed brow, and Eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes.
The best-considered way to correct multiple signs of aging is the traditional facelift. For various types of rhytidectomy surgery procedures, the traditional rhytidectomy provides outstanding results. The procedure involves removal of excess fat, tightening underlying muscles, and redraping the skin of the neck and face. In this procedure, the surgeon makes the incision behind the hairline that extends around the ear. It enables the surgeon to tighten the neck muscles and lift the skin.
- Minimal-access cranial suspension lift: This process enables the correction of sagging facial features through a small incision. The only difference between MACS-lift and traditional lift is that MACS-lift uses a smaller scar that is in front of the ear instead of behind the ear. The MACS-lift is a quite simple approach, with minor incisions, less undercut, and a simple suture procedure lifts the tissues of the neck and face.
- Deep plane facelift: Deep plane rhytidectomy corrects the deepening of the “nasolabial fold” further known as laugh lines more precisely. This procedure not only lifts the jowls and neck areas but also liberate the cheek ligaments and uplift the cheek fat pads and muscles.
- Patients underwent rhytidectomy surgery looks 5 to 15 years younger for up to as long as ten years.
- It usually takes one week to recover, but one can start normal activities just after the day of surgery.
- A good rhytidectomy results in a natural look of overall facial appearance.
- A little discomfort and pain occur, but that won’t last long.
- You may also require some additional procedures to boost the rhytidectomy for the best outcomes.
Cost of Treatment
The cost of Facelift Surgery varies from $1000 to $5000 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.