Lip Augmentation or Enhancement is a cosmetic procedure to contour your lips and help you look younger and more attractive. This Method temporary methods can add volume to your lips for almost six months to a year. These include Restylane and Juvéderm dermal filler injections.
If you would prefer to avoid the maintenance of injections, then you can choose permanent lip augmentation procedure that involves the placement of a soft, solid silicone lip implant and fat grafting (injection of your fat). However, you can remove the silicone implant if you dislike it.
Types of Procedure
Fillers. It can make your lips naturally fuller. The filler injected directly into the lips and hardly takes few minutes to complete. In general, fillers last from 6 months to a year.
Lip implants. PermaLip silicone implants provide the permanent enhancement that is soft and smooth. The implants are inserted through small injections at the end of each lip where the scar is not noticeable.
Fat transfer. The fat is taken from your thighs or abdomen through liposuction and injected into the lips.
In general, the cost of treatment varies from $600 to $2000 depending on the type of procedure, other factors and one geographic area to another.
When to consider Lip augmentation
- Your lips have always been thin and disappear when you smile
- As you age, your lips have become thinner and less full
- You feel self-conscious about how you look.
People who consider this treatment, also consider fillers and facial implants
- Turns the lips attractive: It can enhance and improve your natural look.
- Makes you youthful: Give a more youthful looking appearance
- No Downtime: You can resume your regular activities right after treatment.
- Safe and Effective: It is a secure and efficient option.
- Tampered self-confidence takes a U-turn: It can enhance your lips, beauty, and improve your confidence.
- Quick Results: The process hardly takes few minutes to complete and reflecting the results. So, you can enjoy right after the recovery.
Recovery After Treatment
After your treatment, you may experience some bruising, swelling and tenderness which can last between 6-10 days. You will then be left with naturally more voluminous lips.