Infertility mainly refers to an inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex. It can also refer to the biological inability of an individual to contribute to conception, or to a female who cannot carry a pregnancy to full term. Therefore, treatments available that can help couples have babies and enjoy the bliss of parenthood. Infertility Treatments are artificial insemination, IUI, IVF, ICSI, Blastocyst culture, Laser assisted hatching, retrieval of sperm by TESA, PESA and MESA methods.
Causes of Female Infertility
Many things may be keeping you from getting pregnant:
- Hormonal problems: You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn’t going through the natural hormonal changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
- Cervix issues: Some women have a condition that prevents the sperms from passing through the cervical canal.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome – The Hormone imbalance that affects the ovulation. Insulin resistance, obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body.
- Follicle – Stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone. These two hormones produced by the pituitary gland and also responsible for stimulating ovulation each month. Excess physical or emotional stress, a very high or very low body weight, or a recent substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt production of these hormones and affect ovulation.
- Premature Ovarian Failure – Also known as primary ovarian insufficiency, caused by an autoimmune response or premature loss of eggs from the ovary. It is possible from genetics or chemotherapy.
- Tubal Infertility – In this condition it’s very difficult to pass fertilized egg into the uterus. This is because of Damage or block Fallopian. The Causes of Tubal Infertility are Pelvic inflammatory disease, Previous surgery in the abdomen, pelvis, ectopic pregnancy and also Pelvic tuberculosis.
- Endometriosis – Endometriosis is a disorder in which the tissue that forms the lining of the uterus grows outside of the uterine cavity. Endometrium is lining uterus. When the endometrium grows in the ovaries, bowel and tissues lining on the pelvis. Also it is unusual for endometrial tissue to spread beyond the pelvic region.
- Unexplained infertility: That means the doctors cannot find a reason why pregnancy is not occurring.
Causes of Male Infertility
It has many causes of hormonal imbalances, genetic defects, physical problems, psychological and behavioral problems. But More than 90% of male infertility cases are due to low sperm counts, poor sperm quality, or both. Moreover, fertility reflects a man’s overall health.
- Semen – Semen or Seminal fluid are same. Abnormal semen (the fluid containing sperm that is ejaculated during sex) most common reason for Male Infertility. Some Possible reasons for abnormal semen are very low sperm count, sperm mobility, abnormal shape of sperms (Hard to move and fertilize an egg).
- Testicles – Testicles where the semen is produce and store. If Testicles are damage it may seriously affect the quality of semen. The reason of testicle damage is the infection in the testicles, cancer, any injury or surgery, a congenital defect.
- Ejaculation Disorders – If men have ejaculation problems it is difficult to ejaculate. Two other ejaculation problems are retrograde and premature ejaculation. Retrograde ejaculation when semen is ejaculated into a bladder and premature ejaculation when ejaculation is too quickly.
- Hypogonadism – This is a condition for the abnormally low level of testosterone. Hormone plays the key role in masculine growth and development during puberty or impaired ability to produce sperm. The reason of Hypogonadism is the tumor, illegal drugs or Klinefelter’s syndrome.
Cost of Infertility Treatment
The cost of Infertility Treatment varies from $250 to $8000 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.
Women Infertility Symptoms
The menstrual cycle and ovulation changes are some symptoms of Infertility. Abnormal or irregular periods and bleeding, no periods, painful periods and hormone problem also. Furthermore symptoms of hormone problem is Skin changes like acne, sex drive, and desire changes, dark hair growth on the lips, chest, and chin, Hair Loss and Weight gain.
Male Infertility Symptoms
Infertility symptoms in men may be very unclear. These symptoms depend on infertility causes. Hair growth changes, Changes in sexual desire, testicles swelling, lump or Pain, erections and ejaculation problem, Small, firm testicles also.